Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Trimmings!



Ahhh the holiday all Americans celebrate! Can you believe it's already THIS THURSDAY? I cannot WAIT to go home to Houston. I have put together some tips that I will definitely be following. I have to attend TWO Thanksgiving meals to top it off!

 
DON'T GO TO THANKSGIVING DINNER ON AN EMPTY TUMMY!
 
 
Make sure to eat a well balanced breakfast and lunch. We will overeat when we are starving! I will be drinking my Shakeology for a late breakfast and a light lunch over at my mom's house first!
 
 
THIS HOLIDAY IS NOT CALLED THANKSGIVING BUFFET!
 
 
Now how on Earth are you supposed to do this right?!?! Follow how you make you plate on every other meal! Portion control! Fill half your plate with veggies, 1/4 lean mean which will of course be turkey and the other 1/4 with a starch. Try to pick the greenest veggies and the starch not full of cheese and other stuff you can't name. Many Thanksgiving chefs will have vegetable sides, sweet potatoes and other healthy options! Roast vegetables by sparkling a little olive oil and your favorite spices. Bring your own to share -- for it's Thanksgiving! Sharing is caring!
 
 
MODERATION IS KEY IN STAYING SLIM!
 
 
I know it's tempting, so if you really want to splurge... just a small handful or the size of your palm. That's it, no more. You got your taste. Limit anything full of cheese, butter and cream! I know I know it's good -- but it's not good for a sexy, slim tummy. You're working TOO hard to pudge that tummy out OR you're on your way to starting a healthy lifestyle -- don't ruin it.
 
 
COCKTAILS, BEER AND WINE!
 
 
In the South, I know that football and alcohol go hand in hand! Limit this to just a couple if you have to! I know it's a time for celebration. I am not going to tell you to not have a drink or two.. But make sure you drink tons of water to keep yourself hydrated. I can't wait to watch the Texans play! We're playing Thanksgiving Day!
 
And don't worry.. I am hosting a 90 Day Turkey Trim Down Challenge. I still have a couple spots open, so no better time to start then the Monday after Thanksgiving! Sign up for a free profile on Team Beachbody so I can be your personal coach and like always you can contact me below or my email.
 
 

 
 
 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
 
 
xooxox,
 
Michelle Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment