Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Are YOU Wearing the Right Bra Size?



Real Talk!


Ladies! Let's get REAL now! How is it that we fit perfectly in a glass slipper, have dresses that hug our favorite curves -- but for the LIFE of us don't fit wonderfully in our most intimate of places!?!? Are YOU that person who suffers from the "four boob syndrome", marks on your back at the end of the day or even being swallowed in your cup. OH and how could I forget SIDE BOOB! We are NOT all a 34C anymore. It's a striking problem too -- 80% of women (so 4 out of 5) are walking around with the wrong size bra.

How is that you say? Well first of all, places like Victoria's Secret, just started carrying full cup bras up to 40DDD. FINALLY carrying DD+. I used to HATE going in there. They would swear they had my size. I have a 29 rib cage measurement, so how am I a 36 cup? I am always a straight 32 and when I am super fit a tad smaller! Mind me y'all, I am only 5 feet tall. Yes you CAN wear what is called a "sister size," because virtually a 36D is kinda like a 32DDD -- but it is still NOT the same! And to top it off, I know personally many of you paid BIG BUCKS for that ENHANCED look and size -- so show it off and treat them right. By the way, I was one of those 90% wrong girls.

Now how do you get out of that 90%?!?! Mind me these days bra sizes go up to L. Don't even ask me what L looks like. I have NO CLUE! Now where I would suggest is a specialty store that has always catered to busty women like me.. One that would surprise you might be Nordstrom. Oh and how I love THEE Nordstrom Lingerie Department. I saw an article years ago in a magazine and I decided to check them out. Sure enough, the sweetest woman with her measuring tape around her neck looked right at me and knew I was in the wrong size. She brought out some gorgeous bras, lined up like below! Right away I felt better.


I have the lace black bra on the right.. Chantelle is the brand!


What is really awesome is this 1:25 Nordstrom YouTube video that was just made this past month, it shows you what a proper bra is supposed to look like! Just click here to watch, "Nordstrom Lingerie: Does Your Bra Measure Up?"

Quick Tips Courtesy of Nordstrom..


  • The center section between the cups should lie flat on the chest.
  • Breasts should never bulge or spill out of the cups.
  • Your bra should not leave lines or marks on your skin after prolonged wear.

  • I can imagine you women are looking down right now to see! That's a good thing!

    And to make things even harder, brands differ as well. My favorites are Le Mystere and Chantelle. Both European brands. When it comes to lingerie, Europe has it on point. Classy, high quality fabrics and pretty patterns. GONE are the DAYS when NURSING BRAS were the only bras BUSTY women could fit in. UGH.


    
    Part of my collection! Le Mystere, Chantelle, Fredericks


    Fun Bra Facts

    Dark bras may feel tighter than light ones – this is due to the dying process.

    Ladies bra sizes fluctuate throughout their monthly menstrual cycle.

    The first modern brassiere was invented by New York socialite Mary Phelps Jacobs when she was just 19 years of age.

    You can do a degree in Bra Studies at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.

    80% of women own more than 5 bras.


    My Closing Remarks

    A badly fitting bra can make or break an outfit says Martina Alexander from Wonderbra. She says: "The perfect fit and style of bra completes your look, so it is really important to consider this when choosing lingerie to suit your outfit. Be sure to harmonise the colour of your bra with the colors in your outfit. A good fit is vital."

    Now go to Nordstrom or any specialty shop and get measured!! You'll thank me later!

    Xoxo,

    Michelle Naomi




    Delicious Save this on Delicious

    No comments:

    Post a Comment