Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sex and the Brunch



Name one person who doesn't like brunch? Not too many.. but of course the ones that love it the most are us LADIES! Any brunch spot you go to, you see groups of ladies -- birthday celebrations, baby showers, a weekly get together like Sex and The City (above), or a special occasion! Every year when I visit Houston for Thanksgiving we ALWAYS have an Annual Sunday Brunch! Remember that year the Texans and Titans had a huge fight on the field? Yeah we were there screaming!


So what excites us ladies so much about brunch? We get to eat some good breakfast food, but in the afternoon. This isn't an excuse to overeat though! You can do this healthy. Come on we still gotta look cute in our brunch clothes! My favorite thing to order is an egg white omelette with spinach and mushrooms. I don't need the cheese -- a little salsa or Tabasco does the trick. A side of fruit in the the place of hash browns -- plus that makes the plate look pretty! Also there is always mimosas. I now limit myself to one or two -- that's enough for me! The more I drink, the harder and longer the workout must be! But yes, I like a mimosa here and there -- although the ladies will be having a Shakeology drink as well! Thank goodness for the sample packets!

Of course gossip is bound to happen! Trust me I have been waiting ALL year to hear about your stories ladies! I can imagine Kristen will be telling me about her new house with her middle school sweetheart who we all know -- plus she's a nurse so there's always an interesting story from work. My other best friend Jen who always has a crazy story about a past date (my single partner in crime) and my sister who is an opposite from me but has grown to be an amazing woman who makes me smile. We're the table that stays two hours and laughs til the point where I hope I am not sipping my drink cause it will end up in my nose.

And yes we're all dressed in super sassy Brunch Attire. I capitalized it because I believe it's its own category. Just as in Sex and The City, we believe we are being filmed --  but really the stories we have are ones I swear you only hear in the movies!

Time to film the next scene. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. If it's not brunch... do something you enjoy with your friends and family! Go to a theme park, play in the snow or sand, watch football, workout -- whatever makes you happy :)

Sunday Funday is my favorite day! I'll leave you with that picture -- my Emerald Coach Tiffany Long and me in Vegas -- way before we discovered Beachbody!



Xoxox

Michelle Naomi










No comments:

Post a Comment