Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Let's Get Zesty



Hot women + beer + sports = The Man's American Dream. Makes sense to have an advertisement of a nude woman, with an amazingly perfect body covered in beer bottle tops. These types of ads have been going on for years. I know I could remember these types of commercials during Houston Oilers' games when I was little. 

Oh and here's another FAMOUS AD! Not only is it SEXY, but it features a WELL KNOWN CELEBRITY - Paris Hilton. She definitely does make an unhealthy, artery clogging cheeseburger look AMAZING and like a MILLION BUCKS!




"Advertisers use sex because it can be very effective," said researcher Tom Reichert, professor and head of the department of advertising and public relations in the UGA Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication. "Sex sells because it attracts attention. People are hard wired to notice sexually relevant information so ads with sexual content get noticed."

The quote above even shows we as humans are WIRED to SPARK UP to SEXUAL ADS. From doing research, I have learned that sexual imagery in advertisements is on the rise. Around 37% of ads are "sexy." Usually these types of ads are low risk products that are bought on impulse and not surprisingly -- they feature women. Most of us are used to these types of ads. But the whole reason I am even bringing this up is because of the SPONSORED AD that I woke up to on Facebook..... Look below....




WOW! Mind me I was on FACEBOOK. I was thinking this was an ad for WINE or that there was a PAIR of BOXERS on the side, or maybe some new DEODORANT/BODY SPRAY. 

But it was KRAFT?! KRAFT like as in one of the most major food companies! With a campaign title, "Let's Get Zesty" and "Silverware Optional." Obviously Silverware Optional takes the place of Clothing Optional. Let's Get Zesty -- well you know what THAT can MEAN! You can barely see the dressing and much less what it is even used for in this ad? Not to mix with a bottle of wine.. But this is extremely catching for a Housewife who has 50 Shades of Grey hidden under her pillow. I still find it very catchy there is a naked male that has made some type of bruschetta, green grapes, a bottle of red wine and boom a Kraft dressing that's totally on the opposite side. 

I will admit, this would make me look closer at Kraft dressings while I am secretly thinking of this ad. And for such a sexy and edgy campaign -- I would support it. 

What are your thoughts?

xoxo,

Michelle Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment